Monday, January 13, 2014

RAND PAUL'S SON CAN'T GET OBAMACARE

'They said they weren't sure he existed' Published: 01/05/2014 at 8:38 PM Joe Kovacs is an award-winning journalist and, since 1999, executive news editor of WND. He is the author of two best-selling books: "Shocked by the Bible: The Most Astonishing Facts You've Never Been Told" and its 2012 sequel, "The Divine Secret: The Awesome and Untold Truth About Your Phenomenal Destiny." Sen. Rand Paul, appearing on ABC’s “This Week” program Sunday, blasted the system as “a mess,” saying his own son was incorrectly enrolled in Medicaid, and that he’s unsure if his own family is actually covered now. “At this point, I’m unsure,” Paul, a Republican, told host George Stephanopoulos. “The other day, I actually tried to get my son signed up through the Kentucky exchange, you know, that the Democrats have said is so good. And I have here my son’s Medicaid card,” he said waving the card. “We didn’t try to get him Medicaid, I’m trying to pay for his insurance. But they automatically enrolled him in Medicaid. For a month, they wouldn’t talk to us because they said they weren’t sure he existed. He had to go down to the welfare office, prove his existence. “Then the next thing we know, we get a Medicaid card. So, really, most of the people in Kentucky are automatically being enrolled in Medicaid. I’m trying to pay for insurance and can’t pay for it. And I’m uncertain now whether I’m enrolled in D.C. and/or Kentucky. And it’s a mess.” Despite Paul’s criticism, ABC News noted enrollments in Kentucky have surged since the launch of the exchange in October, going up 40 percent after Thanksgiving, and forcing state administrators to hire extra call-center workers and application processors. “I keep getting an error code every time I go in,” Paul complained. “It will not let me edit my policy to try to make sure that my family is covered. So, no, I think it’s really – this is an unfolding disaster that I don’t think gets better any time soon.” http://www.wnd.com/2014/01/rand-pauls-son-cant-get-obamacare/#V5lBd0IvdAcpq0jp.99

No comments:

Post a Comment