June 27, 2016
(202) 690-6145 | CMS Media Inquiries
CMS Announces Proposed Payment Changes for Medicare Home Health Agencies for 2017 (CMS-1648-P)
- All-condition risk-adjusted potentially preventable hospital readmission rates,
- Total estimated Medicare spending per beneficiary,
- Discharge to the community, and
- Medication reconciliation.
- Calculate benchmarks and achievement thresholds at the state level rather than the level of the size-cohort and revise the definition for “benchmark” to state that benchmark refers to the mean of the top decile of Medicare-certified HHA performance on the specified quality measure during the baseline period calculated for each state;
- A minimum requirement of eight HHAs in a size-cohort;
- Increase the timeframe for submitting New Measure data from seven calendar days to fifteen calendar days following the end of each reporting period to account for weekends and holidays;
- Remove four measures (Care Management: Types and Sources of Assistance, Prior Functioning ADL/IADL, Influenza Vaccine Data Collection Period, and Reason Pneumococcal Vaccine Not Received) from the set of applicable measures;
- Adjust the reporting period and submission date for the Influenza Vaccination Coverage for Home Health Personnel measure from a quarterly submission to an annual submission; and
- Add an appeals process that includes the existing recalculation process and adds a reconsideration process.