August 9, 2016
(202) 690-6145 | CMS Media Inquiries
Affordable Care Act payment model continues to improve care, lower costs
- Have follow-up contact from their provider within 48 hours of a hospital admission, hospital discharge, or emergency room visit;
- Have fewer hospital readmissions within 30 days;
- Have their medication identified by their provider within 48 hours of discharge from the hospital;
- Have their preferences documented by their provider;
- Use inpatient hospital and emergency room services less for conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, asthma, pneumonia, or urinary tract infection.