- On the CMS Enterprise Portal home page, select the “Forgot Password?” link in the upper right corner.
- Respond to a set of challenge questions you selected when you created your account. Then enter a new password that meets these standards:
- Contain a minimum of eight and a maximum of 20 characters
- Contain at least one letter and one number
- Contain at least one upper case and one lower case letter
- Contain at least one special character
- Be different from the previous password used
- Not contain your FFM User ID
- Not include the following special characters: ? < > ( ) ' " / \ &
- Once you have reset your password, return to the CMS Enterprise Portal home page and select the “Login to CMS Secure Portal” button.
For screenshots showing these steps, see the Avoiding the Creation of a Duplicate CMS Enterprise Portal Account Quick Reference Guide. This guide also explains how to find out if you have an existing CMS Enterprise Portal account and how to retrieve your FFM User ID.
- “What’s New for Agents and Brokers for Plan Year 2017” summarizes the changes to the registration process and to the training content in a one-page table.
- “Myths and Facts about FFM Plan Year 2017 Registration for Agents and Brokers” presents common misperceptions about registration and training and provides accurate information on those issues and requirements.
Registration is required, but training is optional.
In order to help your small business clients enroll in SHOP Marketplace coverage, you must complete registration by signing the SHOP Privacy and Security Agreement for the 2017 plan year. While training is not a requirement, it is highly encouraged.
The SHOP Marketplace makes it easy for small employers to find you.
Once you complete registration, small employers in your area will be able to search for you by name, National Producer Number (NPN) or location through the SHOP Marketplace when they need help.
Make updates to your account online.
Making changes to your account is easier than ever. If you need to change your registration information simply log into your CMS Enterprise Portal account to make the changes you need. The updates will display in the SHOP Marketplace Agent/Broker Portal within 24 hours.
Visit HealthCare.gov/small-business to learn more.
Need Enrollment Assistance? Call the SHOP Marketplace Call Center at 1-800-706-7893 (TTY:711) Monday through Friday from 9am to 7pm ET or visit HealthCare.gov/small-businesses. For in-person assistance, find a SHOP Marketplace-registered agent or broker in your area.
- Video: Plan Year 2017 FFM Agent and Broker Registration and Training Kick-off, which includes a registration kick-off welcome message and information on what is new for plan year 2017 FFM registration presented by Kevin Counihan, CMS’ Chief Executive Officer of the Marketplace and Director of the Center for Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight
- Webinar Slides: “Plan Year 2017 FFM Registration and Refresher Training for Agents and Brokers Returning to the FFMs” and “Plan Year 2017 FFM Registration and Training for Agents and Brokers New to the FFMs”
- Quick Reference Guide: Plan Year 2017 FFM Registration for Agents and Brokers
- What’s New for Agents and Brokers for Plan Year 2017 FFM Registration
- Myths and Facts about FFM Plan Year 2017 Registration for Agents and Brokers
- Quick Reference Guide: Plan Year 2017 Computer Configuration Requirements
- Marketplace Learning Management System (MLMS) Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Video: How to Add an Agent, Broker, or Web-broker Corporate Entity’s NPN to the FFM Registration Completion List
Remember plan year 2017 registration and training is now available and can be accessed on the CMS Enterprise Portal
- Turn off your computer’s pop-up blockers.
- Download and use the free web browsers that work best with the MLMS: Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Download the latest version of Adobe Flash to optimize display of animations.
- Allow cookies.
- Access the training for registration on a desktop or laptop computer. (The Marketplace training cannot be accessed on a tablet or other hand-held/mobile device.)
- Check with your network provider for more assistance if you encounter bandwidth and server issues.
Remember, you must access both the MLMS and CMS-approved vendor training via the CMS Enterprise Portal. For a better user experience, the best days and times to access registration and training are Monday through Friday, between 5:00 PM and 11:00 AM ET and on the weekends.