Thursday, July 21, 2016
14 latest hospital, health system CEO moves
1. Mark McHugh was named assistant CEO of Commonwealth Health Berwick (Pa.) Hospital Center.
2. Darcy Burthay, MSN, BSN, RN, was named president and CEO of Providence Health System in Washington, D.C., part of St. Louis-based Ascension.
3. Florida Hospital Medical Group, which is affiliated with Orlando, Fla.-based Florida Hospital and a subsidiary of Altamonte Springs, Fla.-based Adventist Health System, appointed Howard Drenth CEO.
4. Luis Molina was named CEO of Community Hospital in Munster, Ind., effective July 1.
5. UnityPoint Health Partners, the accountable care organization of West Des Moines, Iowa-based UnityPoint Health, is now under the leadership of David Williams, MD.
6. Bozeman (Mont.) Health system named John G. Hill president and CEO.
7. St. Luke's Hospital in Columbus, N.C., named James B. "Jim" Bross CEO.
8. Frank Ghinassi, PhD, was named CEO of Trenton, N.J.-based Rutgers University Behavioral Health Care, effective in July.
9. AmPiedmont Medical Center in Rock Hill, S.C., named Bradley S. Talbert CEO.
10. John Gorski, president and CEO of Munster, Ind.-based Community Healthcare System, will retire July 9.
11. Albert Wright Jr. was named president and CEO of Morgantown-based WVU Medicine-West Virginia University Health System, effective Sept. 1.
12. Thomas Chapman president and CEO of Washington, D.C.-based HSC Health Care System, will retire from his position, effective April 30, 2017.
13. Boca Raton, Fla.-based Cancer Treatment Centers of America named Raj Garg, MD, president and CEO, effective June 20.
14. Rockdale Medical Center in Conyers, Ga., named Alan George CEO, effective July 11.
Source: Becker's Hospital Review