In This Issue:
- Plan Year 2017 Agent and Broker Registration and Training is Now Live – Check out the Kick-off Message from Kevin Counihan!
- Options for Completing Plan Year 2017 FFM Agent and Broker Registration and Training
- Plan Year 2017 Registration and Training Resources
- Enhancements to FFM Agent and Broker Registration and Training for Plan Year 2017
- Did You Know? Who to Contact with Your Registration and Training Questions
- Follow Us on Twitter
Agent/Broker Registration for Plan Year 2017 is Now Available on the CMS Enterprise Portal
Plan Year 2017 Agent and Broker Registration and Training is Now Live – Check out the Kick-off Message from Kevin Counihan!
CMS is excited to announce FFM Agent and Broker Registration for the plan year 2017 is now live! Visit the Agents and Brokers Resources webpage for information about FFM registration and training and the important role agents and brokers play in assisting consumers in the Marketplace in a message from Kevin Counihan, CMS’ Chief Executive Officer of the Marketplace and Director of the Center for Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight (CCIIO).
Options for Completing Plan Year 2017 FFM Agent and Broker Registration and Training
Plan year 2017 FFM agent and broker training will continue to be offered through both the MLMS and through CMS-approved vendors. While both training options satisfy the FFM agent and broker training requirement, if you complete training from one of the CMS-approved vendors, you may qualify for continuing education unit (CEU) credits, depending on the state or states you operate in. See the following articles for more information about these two training options.
Plan Year 2017 Registration and Training Resources
Enhancements to FFM Agent and Broker Registration and Training for Plan Year 2017
Did You Know?
There are a number of Help Desks to assist you if you have questions about registration, training, or other topics.
- Agent and Broker Call Center: Contact the Agent and Broker Call Center by calling 1-855-CMS-1515 (855-267-1515) and selecting option “1.” This Call Center is available Monday through Saturday, 8:00 AM – 10:00 PM ET. The Agent and Broker Call Center does not have access to consumer information and is not able to handle specific questions or issues with a consumer’s application. Please continue to call the Marketplace Call Center at 1-800-318-2596 for assistance related to enrolling consumers in coverage through the Individual Marketplaces.
- FFM Producer and Assister Help Desk: Contact the FFM Producer and Assister Help Desk at FFMProducer-AssisterHelpDesk@cms.hhs.gov for questions about agent or broker participation in the FFMs (including general registration and training questions not related to a specific training platform, even if they are SHOP Marketplace-related), identity proofing/Experian issues requiring manual verifications, policy questions, questions pertaining to the FFM agents and brokers program, or to subscribe to this newsletter.
- Marketplace Call Center: For questions/comments about FFM application and enrollment, contact 1-800-318-2596 (TTY: 1-855-889-4325). This Call Center is available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
- Exchange Operations Support Center (XOSC): Contact the XOSC at 1-855-CMS-1515 (855-267-1515) or CMS_FEPS@cms.hhs.gov for questions about password resets and account lockouts on the CMS Enterprise Portal; HealthCare.gov website issues; or other CMS Enterprise Portal account issues, requests, or error messages. This Help Desk is available Monday through Saturday, 8:00 AM – 10:00 PM ET.
- MLMS Help Desk: For technical or system-specific issues related to the MLMS, user-specific questions about maneuvering the learning management system site, or accessing CMS training and exams on the MLMS, contact MLMSHelpDesk@CMS.HHS.gov.
- SHOP Call Center: For inquiries related to the SHOP Marketplace Agent/Broker Portal or coverage through the SHOP Marketplace, contact the SHOP Call Center at 1-800-706-7893 (TTY: 711) Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM ET.
- Web-broker Help Desk: For questions about web-broker participation in the FFMs, contact Webbroker@cms.hhs.gov.
- AHIP: If you require assistance with AHIP’s training option, contact the AHIP Help Desk at 800‑984-8919. The Help Desk operators are available by phone from 8:00 AM – 12:00 AM Eastern Time (ET), Monday through Friday and from 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM ET, Saturday and Sunday. You may also contact the AHIP Help Desk via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NAHU: If you require assistance with NAHU’s training option, you may contact the NAHU Help Desk at 844-257-0990. The Help Desk operators are available by phone from 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM ET, Monday through Friday. You may also contact the NAHU Help Desk via email at email@example.com.
Follow Us on Twitter
You can find important information and updates by following the CMS and HealthCare.gov Twitter handles (@CMSGov and @HealthCareGov) or by searching for the hashtags #ABFFM or #ABFFSHOP on Twitter.